Friday, June 09, 2006

I Have Arrived.


I have a really big mouth. Over the years, with a lot of therapy, I have learened to curb what goes in and what comes out if my mouth. I am, however, no less opinionated and hungry than I was before.
I love food. I love everything about it. I love where it comes from, I love eating it with other people- in fact, that is really the only time I like to have others around me. I love cutting food and peeling food. I love to look at food- food shopping, food in magazines. I love to read about food, I love to photograph food. I love planning meals, I love counting points (for those of you in the club). I love trying new foods, I love reading menus, restuarant reviews, cookbooks. I LOVE to yell at my computer screen or throw the Dining Out section of the NY Times across the room, or whatever periodical I am reading at the moment. Every waking moment I have I am thinking about food.
What will I have for breakfast...in two weeks when I wake up in Spokane, Washington? Where will I go for dinner...in July in Raleigh, North Carolina? Where is the pig whose pork chop I will eat when I am in North Carolina going to come from and how was it raised? Where should I go with Russ for dinner...in San Francisco May 2007? What am I going to make for dinner for Father's Day in nine days? Where did my strawberries I ate for breakfast today come from? When will I have enough $ to join the Slow Food movement in NYC? What time is my dinner reservation tonight? What time should I eat lunch so I will be hungry for dinner later this evening? I could keep going...
I have hit my boiling point! I am tired of sitting back reading what everyone else had to say about food. WHEN IS IT MY CHANCE TO SHINE????
IT BEGINS TODAY...
Anything that I write about in here-pens, radiators, lip balm, eyeglasses-it will all come back to food. Because everything in my life revolves around it.
MANGIA!

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I see here that you are competing with my Myspace food blogs. So wonderful. I love that you love everything about food. I respect that. You know I will be here reading and waiting for new blogs. Because as much as I love writing a blog about food, I love reading a blog about food. And you know you can always give me a ring and we can try a new place and talk ENDLESSLY about food.